The U.S. Energy Information Administration reports that the average price per gallon of all formulations of regular gas increased to $3.747 this week from $3.611 last week, yet another huge gain. In mid-December of last year the price had dipped to as low as $3.254 per gallon.
Diesel fuel increased to $4.157 per gallon from $4.104 last week.
Fuel prices in all U.S. regions saw massive gains last week:
- East Coast: Increased to $3.750 from $3.648 last week.
- Midwest: Increased $3.763 from $3.582 last week.
- Gulf Coast: Increased to $3.533 from $3.383 last week.
- Rocky Mountain: Increased to $3.409 from $3.274 last week.
- West Coast: Increased to $3.973 from $3.867 last week.
Prices in the Midwest are up nearly 30 cents from a year ago and have seen the greatest year over year change.
Full table with changes: