The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis reports in its third estimate for the fourth quarter of 2012 that gross domestic product grew at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of +0.4%. This is an improvement from the second estimate that projected a +0.1% SAAR.
Seasonally adjusted annual rates of growth by GDP components in Q4 2012:
- Personal Consumption Expenditures: +1.8% from +1.6% in Q3 2012.
- Fixed Investment: +14.0% compared to +0.9% in Q3 2012.
- Exports: -2.8% compared to +1.9% in Q3 2012.
- Imports: -4.2% compared to -0.6% in Q3 2012.
- Government Consumption Expenditures: -7.0% compared to -3.9% in Q3 2012.
GDP components by their contribution to total real GDP: