The average price per gallon for all formulations of regular gasoline was $3.632 per gallon in July, the U.S. Energy Information Administration reports. That is about a 14 cent increase from June prices, and up about 19 cents from a year ago.
Diesel fuel was $3.909 per gallon in July from $3.817 last month.
Prices per gallon of regular gas increaed in July in 3 of the 5 U.S. regions:
- East Coast: $3.628 from $3.463 last month.
- Midwest: $3.589 from $3.394 last month.
- Gulf Coast: $3.446 from $3.359 last month.
- Rocky Mountain: $3.638 from $3.702 last month.
- West Coast: $3.887 from $3.892 last month.
From a year ago, gas prices have increased the most in the East Coast and Gulf Coast regions.
Full table with changes: